Find Things To Do in the Albany Area
Welcome to Albany! If you’ve just moved to Hawthorne Gardens, or even if you’ve lived in Albany before, you’re probably looking for things to do. New York’s capital is never boring, and you can always find something to do, rain or shine. From movies and concerts to family friendly activities, the city has something for everyone.
- Visit the Madison Theater – This isn’t your average movie theater. In addition to hosting stand-up comedy, musical events and showing some of today’s most popular films. Madison Theater also holds screenings of classic movies several times a week. Even better, it has an amazing snack bar filled with some of the most unique treats and beverages.
- Visit the Nine Pin Cider Tasting Room – Nine Pin Cider is locally brewed in Albany, New York and can be found at stores throughout the state and country. Visit the tasting room and try some cider by the glass, growler, or tasting flight. If you want to know what goes on behind the scenes, buy a ticket to take a tour of the production facility. Tours happen once a month so plan accordingly!
- Watch a baseball game at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium – The Capital Region is a great place to live if you love baseball. If you want to enjoy America’s pastime, be sure to check out a Tri-City ValleyCats game here.
- Explore the Hudson River with Dutch Apple Cruises – This cruise line offers historic sightseeing, charter tours, sunset cruises and is also a unique venue for weddings.
- Play Games at Dave and Busters – The family-friendly chain has a location just minutes from Hawthorne Gardens. Play arcade games, watch a football game, and enjoy a meal off of their delicious pub menu. Dave and Busters is also a great location for your next birthday party!
- Golf at West Turnpike Country Club – If you love golf and are in the Capital Region, playing 18 holes at this scenic course is a great way to spend the day.
- Visit the Albany Institute of History & Art – Whether you're a history enthusiast, searching for something educational for the kids, or you have guests in town who want to learn a bit more about our region's history, this museum has an exhibit for everyone.
- Experience an Event at The Egg – The Egg hosts artistic work ranging from dance performances, music, arts-in-education and so much more! The iconic building is located in the Empire State Plaza and is a standout in the Albany skyline.
- See a Concert at the Times Union Center – The Times Union Center is an indoor arena located in downtown Albany. The arena hosts sporting events, concerts, comedians, children’s acts, Disney on Ice, and more.
- Attend a Free Concert – During the summer, the city hosts Alive at Five at Jennings Landing. The free concert series runs from 5pm to 8pm and brings critically acclaimed performances to the Capital Region.
If you want a few more options for entertainment, ask us about our favorite things to do when you stop by for a tour of our apartments. We’re always happy to give suggestions!
Like to eat? Do not forget about the many restaurants in the Guilderland area. Looking for more outdoor-centered activities? Get the family out and enjoy the sun at one of the beautiful Guilderland Parks.