Your refrigerator is actually a huge part of your life. It holds one of the things needed to survive: Food! If you aren’t careful, your fridge can get extremely disorganized and out of hand. However, by following the simple tips below, you’ll be able to keep your fridge looking spic and span at all times!
- Use labels to mark your leftovers with the date they were put in.
- Line your shelves with fridge mats or plastic wrap for easy cleanup for spills.
- Separate items into baskets for easy access and organization.
- Remove items that do not need to be chilled to open up more space.
- Clean out your fridge every two weeks instead of waiting a few months for it to get unbearable.
- When you do clean out your fridge, try using a vacuum to get crumbs and dust.
- Wipe down all jars/bottles/containers once a month (every other biweekly cleaning).
- Create a designated area to put food items that will be going bad soon and need to be eaten. You can do this by labeling a basket “Eat First” and placing those items in it.
Keeping your fridge clean doesn’t have to be difficult. Follow the tips above to make your fridge one less thing you need to worry about!