The hot days just won’t seem to go away! Make these delicious, non-alcoholic beverages to help you cool off.
Kale, Pineapple, and Banana Smoothie
Green smoothies get a bad rep sometimes, but this drink is nothing short of delicious, healthy, and refreshing!
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 2 cups of stemmed kale (you can substitute spinach if desired)
- 1 ½ cups of chopped or frozen pineapple
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- Place the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth, for about one minute.
- If the smoothie is too thick for your taste, add water until you reach your desired consistency.
If you’re a mojito fan, this drink will quench your thirst without the buzz!
- 1/2 cup of lime juice (freshly squeezed is preferred)
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves
- About 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup or agave nectar (more or less depending on your desired level of sweetness)
- 2 cups of sparkling seltzer water
- Lime slices/wedges to garnish, if desired.
- Put the lime juice, mint leaves, and sweetener into a large glass, stirring to combine.
- Place ice into two glasses, and equally divide the juice mixture into each.
- Pour one cup of sparkling seltzer water into each glass.
- If desired, garnish with lime slices or wedges.
These healthy and refreshing recipes are sure to keep you cool at the end of summer here at Hawthorne Gardens.