Looking for an adorable yet affordable decoration to add a little character to your current holiday décor? Try making your own table top tree! They cost almost nothing to make, and will add a unique, wintery touch to your apartment at Hawthorne Gardens.
What you’ll need:
- Gardening pebbles (glass, stone - whichever kind you prefer)
- Container of your choice (you can use a small flower pot, a ceramic container, etc.)
- Branches (you’ll want to find three or four thin, bare branches of a few different sizes)
- Other small ornaments and decorations of your choice
All of the above supplies can be found at your local dollar store. Except for the branches – those you can find outside for FREE!
Here’s how to do it in four easy steps.
- Decorate your flower pot/container however you want and let it dry if necessary. This step is optional, so if you don’t want to or need to decorate the container, go ahead and skip to step 2.
- Fill the flower pot with the gardening pebbles and use them to stand your branches up, arranging the branches to look like a tree.
- Drape the ribbon around the tree and then hang up your ornaments or other decorations.
- Add any extras you may want: Try a bough of holly at the base, or cover the pebbles in fake snow and add a small snowman figurine!
This tabletop tree is great because you have the freedom to make it as big or small as you would like to, and you can even choose to decorate it however you please. Try gold translucent ribbon, red ribbon, and green mini ball ornaments. Or, for more of a winter wonderland theme, try some white and silver ribbon, with some blue ornaments and fake snowflakes!
So, there you have it! No glue, no mess, and it shouldn’t cost you more than a few bucks. Happy DIY-ing!
Image courtesy of BHG.