Are you getting enough sleep at night? As you may already know, the required amount of sleep we need each night is about seven to eight hours. For some of us, getting that full amount can be difficult because of issues falling and/or staying asleep. However, there are some steps you can take to help fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer! Read on for 5 helpful tips for a good night’s sleep.
- Sleep Schedule: Try to create and stick to a sleep schedule, meaning you go to sleep and wake up at the same times every day, on weekends and weekdays.
- Temperature: The climate of the room you’re sleeping in should be comfortable. If you are too cold or hot, you won’t sleep as well. Between 60°F and 67°F is recommended!
- Food/Alcohol/Cigarettes: Avoid eating heavy meals, consuming alcohol, or smoking cigarettes close to bedtime, as all three of these can interrupt your sleep cycles.
- Televison/Electronics: You should also avoid watching TV and using your phone or tablets before bed, as these signal the brain to stay awake.
- Exercise: Exercising daily will help you fall asleep faster at night because of the energy expended during a workout.